Who it’s for
This program is for athletes who want to build their aerobic capacity and improve their ability to sprint through high-intensity power workouts.
What it does
Workouts use running, rowing, cycling, and simple gym equipment like kettlebells and sandbags to improve your overall conditioning.
What you get
6 days of training per week to improve your conditioning that can supplement your current training program, or be a stand-alone aerobic capacity program. Access to coaches where you can ask questions and share your results for feedback.
$39.99 / monthSign Up
Build the ‘Engine’ You Need to Crush Longer Workouts
Don’t let your ‘engine’ be your limiting factor in your training. Improve your conditioning with training designed to build your aerobic capacity and improve your ability to sprint through high-intensity power workouts.
We see it time and time again — Athletes go to their one-hour class, where they do a strength portion and a sub 10-minute metcon. Then, they’re faced with a workout like ‘Murph’ or ‘Grace,’ and they panic.
A solid aerobic base and the ability to push in the short high-intensity workouts are key to improving your training – especially in the functional fitness realm.
Invictus Engine trains both energy systems to make sure you’re prepared for any task, or any workout that comes your way.
Meet Your Coaches
C.J. MartinHead Coach/Owner
C.J. is the Head Coach and Owner of Invictus. He has coached dozens of individuals and Masters Athletes to the CrossFit Games -- including Team Invictus, who has been to the CrossFit Games for 10 consecutive years. He has worked with athletes around the world through online coaching and program design since 2009, being able to cultivate the ‘Sea of Green' community of support from anywhere in the world. C.J. is a Level 4 CrossFit instructor, USA Weightlifting Coach and former member of the CrossFit HQ training team.
Sample Training Day
What does the training schedule look like:
You’ll receive the full week’s training at the beginning of the week. You can fit the sessions into your week however it works for you. You will have options for 3 running workouts, 3 rowing workouts, 2 mixed-modal workouts, and 1 swimming session. We give some guidance depending on your training needs. Example – if you are looking to train 3 days a week, we might recommend:
- Monday – Running Session 1 – VO2 Max Priority (Sprint Style)
- Wednesday – Rowing Session 2 – Lactate Threshold Priority (Repeat Efforts)
- Saturday – Running Session 3 – Aerobic Threshold Priority (Sustained Effort)
If you are looking to train 6 days/week, your training schedule might look something like this:
- Monday – Running Session 1 – VO2 Max Priority
- Tuesday – Mixed-Modal Session 1 – Lactic Endurance Priority
- Wednesday – Rowing Session 2 – Lactate Threshold Priority
- Thursday – Swimming Technique Session
- Friday – Cyclical Session 2 – VO2 Max Priority
- Saturday – Running Session 3 – Aerobic Threshold Priority
What equipment do I need?
There are always ways to make the training session work for the equipment you have, however we recommend that you have at least 2 or 3 of the following:
- Running space (track, trails, city streets, treadmills)
- Rower (Concept 2 is preferred)
- Stationary Bike (Concept 2 Bike Erg is preferred)
- Assault Bike
- Ski Erg
- Jump Rope
- Sandbag (we can help you build one if needed)
- Swimming Pool
Do I have to do the session in the order of the program?
We want you to be able to fit the workouts in with what works with your schedule. That means you can do them in whatever order you want. We recommend that you do complete each different type of workout (meaning VO2 Max, Lactic Endurance Priority, etc.) a few times a month at least.
Can I add this to my regular training?
Absolutely. This program is meant to supplement your training, however you want to make sure you add it in slowly, so your body can prepare to the new volume. This program could also be your full-time training if you really want to focus on a long endurance race, or building your aerobic capacity for an amount of time.
Billing & Account Questions?
If you have questions on your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are confident that our program will take you to the next level. However, if you need to cancel your subscription for any reason, simply email email@example.com prior to your next renewal date and we will ensure that you are not billed for the next billing period. For more information on the cancellation or refund policy, head here.
Sign Up and Recieve the Following:
- 6 days of training per week to improve your conditioning
- Can supplement your current training program, or be a stand-alone aerobic capacity program
- Each session will be completed in 45 - 60 minutes
- Workouts will include options for running, rowing, cycling on Assault Bikes or bike ergs, and simple gym equipment like kettlebells and sandbags